Master of Arts in Teaching, Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR July 2010
Oregon Initial II Teaching License, Multiple Subjects Endorsement, Early Childhood/Elementary Authorization
Master of Education in International Teaching, Framingham State University, Framingham, MA 2014
Bachelor of Arts, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 2007
Major: International Studies with a focus in International Education and Latin America
Minor: Business Administration
Third Grade Teacher, Colegio Internacional de Carabobo- Valencia, Venezuela 2014-Pres
- Prepared and utilized lesson plans using UbD, 21st Century Skills, Bloom’s Taxonomy, differentiated learning styles, and student interests.
- Created and maintained a classroom website with helpful information for students and parents: http://msisberg.edublogs.org/.
- Collaborated with a weekly grade level PLC and monthly cross grade PLC.
- Mentored and trained two new teacher associates.
- Administered and analyzed data from both the MAP and ITBS tests.
- Lead Zumba and Yoga after school clubs.
Second Grade Teacher, Escuela Las Morochas, Venezuela 2013- 2014
- Expanded the range of learning through whole class, individual, and small group instruction, cooperative education, and math, science, reading, art, and multi-sensory learning centers.
- Secretary of the Green Team: spearheaded composting program creation, promoted recycling and Styrofoam awareness, and hosted an after school Earth Club.
Pre-K 2 Teacher, Escuela Las Morochas, Venezuela 2012- 2013
- Utilized play and interactive activities to develop language and vocabulary, introduced scientific and mathematical concepts, and improved social skills.
- Monitored and reported on children’s development and identified those with possible learning difficulties, consulted other professionals where appropriate.
- Taught conversational ESL class for 4th/5th graders and First Grade Enrichment
Second Grade Teacher, Beijing International Bilingual Academy, China 2011-2012
- Taught elementary subjects, including Math, Reading and Writing, Social Studies, Science
- Participated in a weekly professional learning community and curriculum mapping.
Pre-K 1 Teacher, American School Foundation Chiapas, Mexico 2010-2011
- Combined play and interactive activities with an increasing focus on early academic learning, including letter recognition, phonics, numbers and an awareness of science and nature.
- Planned and organized a range of individual and group activities, including role play, movement, dance, singing, games, arts and crafts and nature activities.
- Participated in monthly professional development and PYP trainings.
ESL Intern, Lincoln Park Elementary School, Portland, OR Sept 2010
- Planned and implemented lessons for newcomer kindergarten students of diverse backgrounds.
Second Grade Intern, Irvington School, Portland, OR 2009-2010
- Wrote and taught dynamic lesson plans for Reading, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
Fourth Grade Intern, Hayhurst Community School, Portland, OR Jan 2010-Mar 2010
- Observed and assisted in Reader’s Workshop, a science circuit unit, and P.E.
English Teacher, Peace Corps, Azerbaijan June 2007-Oct 2007
- Taught 2-10th grade TEFL classes with Azerbaijani counterparts for three weeks.
- Participated in intensive Azerbaijani language and TEFL trainings.
Literacy and Math Tutor, Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas, Mexico 2010-2011
- Focused on reading comprehension strategies as well as developing math skills and strategies
Child Support Case Manager, Department of Justice, Portland, OR 2008- 2009
- Managed child support orders, mail, and calls for 817 cases for a diverse inner city population.
- Analyzed information, calculated support obligations, and assured correct application of money to child support cases using a variety of laws, policies and procedures relating to child support.
Classroom Volunteer, Metzger Elementary School, Portland, OR 2008-2009
- Assisted in first/second grade split class; gave spelling tests, timed reading assessments, and led small groups.
Camp Director/Camp Counselor, Camp Adventure Youth Services, Japan & Italy 2005/2006
- Developed, organized, programmed, and taught an 11 week curriculum for ages 5-14 including field trips, games, songs, arts and crafts, and special events best suited to the Yokosuka and Gaeta sites.
- Supervised, provided performance appraisals, and wrote recommendations for two counselors.
Bilingual Intern, Head Start of Lane County Oregon, Eugene, OR Jan 2006-Apr 2006
Salsa Casino (and other Latin dances like Merengue, Bachata, and Cumbia), yoga, hiking, camping, scrapbooking, cooking, biking, world travel, and trying to speak the local language.