Every year, right around Spring Break (or Semana Santa if you are living around these parts), I begin making a list of things I want to do when I get home to Portland. I mean, after being away from home for 10 months you have a bit of time to think about what you miss about being home and you only have five weeks or so to get everything accomplished. So, a list it is!
First- a few countdowns (via an app on my phone):
10 days until I leave for the Dominican Republic
29 days until I leave for Los Roques (fingers crossed that I will get tickets!!)
81 days until I will be in Portland!!
This school year is going by SUPER fast!
Summer To-Do List
- Give everyone in my family hugs
- Take my nieces and nephews out to play at a park
- Eat with my fabulous friends at delicious Mexican, Thai, Vietnamese, BBQ, and Indian places
- Go salsa dancing at least every Friday that I am home
- Convince BOTH of my brothers to go to Casino Friday (salsa dancing) at least once…followed by Andrea’s Cha Cha (more salsa dancing)
- Go wine tasting with friends (especially Sophie since I had so much fun last year)
- Go hiking with Caris and Sophie somewhere gorgeous
- Family vacation to Lake Tahoe
- SUSHI. I want delicious and fresh sushi!!!
- Take several photo walks with Marisa
- Cider Festival?
- Camping with the family
- Eat at lots of street carts
- Go thrift store shopping/hunting
- See if I can find a Kizomba class to take
- Ice cream at Salt & Straw
- Title Wave Used Bookstore classroom shopping with Alexandra
- Garage sale-ing with Sophie and Kaycee
- Weekly walk with Mom
- Get my hair cut
- Go to the doctor
- Go through all of my junk at my Mom’s house and have a family yard sale
- Get recertified in first aid/cpr
- Go food shopping for all the stuff I can’t get in Venezuela
- Finish all the paperwork to get a new work visa in Venezuela