I have a bad memory so I want to keep a “Travel History” of all of the places I’ve gone as an adult.
I have vague plans to dig up my photos and journal notes from my past travels so that eventually I can write short posts about each of the countries I’ve visited!
Spring break in Athens, and Crete
Past Travel (32 countries and counting!)
42. Cyprus (Dec 2021)
41. Egypt (August 2020- Present)
40. Vietnam (December 2019)
39. Taiwan (October 2019)
38. Australia (June 2019)
37. Hong Kong (March 2019)
36. Malaysia (Dec 2018)
35. Indonesia (July 2018- August 2020)
34. Chile (April 2017)
33. Brazil (March/April 2017)
32. Cuba (planning for Cuba)– Havana, Vinales, Santiago, Camaguey, Trinidad, Valle de los Ingenios, Cienfuegos, Varadero
31. USA– Las Vegas, Nevada (July 2016), Miami, Florida- (July 2013), New Orleans, Louisiana- (July 2013), Honolulu, Hawaii- (April 2003), San Francisco, California- (April 2002), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania- (June 2007), Reno, Nevada-(March 2010), Boston, Cape Cod, Massachusetts and wine tasting somewhere in Rhode Island! (March 2009), Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho- (June 2004)
30. Ecuador– Quito, Mindo, Otavalo, Mitad del Mundo, Cuenca, Chordeleg, Montanita & The Galapagos Islands– 8 Day Cruise Day One/Two/Three/Four/Five/Six/Seven/ Eight (December/January 2015/2016)
29. Athens & Santorini– Greece (July 2015)
28. Istanbul– Turkey (July 2015, Dec 2020)
27. Budapest– Hungary (July 2015)
26. Bratislava– Slovakia (June 2015)
25. Prague– Czech Republic (June 2015)
24. Berlin– Germany (June 2015)
23. Amsterdam– Netherlands (June 2015)
22. Bruges– Belgium (June 2015)
21. Paris & Versailles– France (June/July 2015)
20. Bogota & Cartagena– Colombia (April 2015)
19. La Paz, Sucre, Potosi, Uyuni– Bolivia (December 2014/January 2015)
18. Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu, Puno– Peru (December 2014/January 2015)
17. Santo Domingo, Playa Macao, Bavaro/Punta Cana, Higuey, Bayahibe, Isla Saona– Dominican Republic (April 2014)
16. Port of Spain, Trinidad (March 2014)
15. Oranjestad- Aruba (March 2013)
14. Willemstad, Cas Abou, Playa Kanepa, Playa Kalki, Playa Porto Marie, Jan Thiel – Curacao (March 2013)
13. Buenos Aires, Iguazu, Salta, Cafayate, Humahuaca, Mendoza– Argentina (December-January 2012/2013)
12. Colonia del Sacramento- Uruguay (January 2013)
11. Ciudad Ojeda, Maracaibo, Merida, Tucacas, Caracas, Puerto Ordaz, Puerto La Cruz, Canaima, Valencia, Colonia Tovar– Venezuela (2012-Present)
10. Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, Koh Rong Saloem (Lazy Beach) – Cambodia (February 2012)
9. Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, Kunming, Lijiang, Suzhou- China (2011-2012)
8. Tuxtla Gutierrez, San Cristobal, San Juan de Chamula, Palenque, Playa del Carmen, Veracruz- Mexico (2010-2011)
7. Thailand- Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Rayong, Hua Hin- (August 2010), Pattaya, Ko Samet, Bangkok- (April 2012)
6. Baku, Cotej, Sumgait, Khanlar, Ganja- Azerbaijan (June- October 2007)
5. Canada- Vancouver, BC- (April 2006), Montreal (June 2016)
4. Yokosuka, Yokohama, Kyoto, Tokyo, Nikko- Japan (June-August 2005)
3. Italy- Rome, Oviedo, Genoa- (June 2003), Gaeta, Naples, Rome, Pisa, Pompeii- (June-August 2006)
2. Vatican City, Vatican (June 2003)
1. Barcelona, Costa Brava- Spain (June 2003)
Hi! Would you be willing to share a bit about your trip to Canaima and Angel Falls? I’m looking into it, but struggling to find information about how to get to Ciudad Bolivar because I can’t find flight information anywhere!
Hello! I booked my trip with a tour agency and so did everyone else I know. If you are outside of Venezuela get yourself to the Caracas Airport (CCS) and there are travel agencies you can book with in the airport. I used the Giorgio’s Agency (maybe “Agencia de Giorgios”) and they book my friend and I an all-inclusive hotel+flights+transportation deal (no alcohol though). The wonderful hotel I stayed at (comfy beds, hot water, electricity, amazing food) is called Ucaima (http://junglerudy.com/). Perhaps if you speak with them they could help you out. The rout I took was Caracas-Puerto Ordaz-Canaima (the last stretch was in a tiny chartered plane that wouldn’t show up on search engines). Good luck!
I just happened across your article and started reading. You have to be dedicated to writing to be able to produce so much interesting information. I agree with a lot of this info. Thank you.
Pingback: Packing for Cuba | Teaching Wanderlust·
I was wondering if you have any sponsored posts options available on
If yes, can you please get back to me with the prices and the details for the same.
Do let me know
I’ve never done a sponsored post before. Not sure how that works!