I am an international teacher. I like to travel. I love teaching. I have been teaching abroad for the past four years and I can honestly see myself doing this for the rest of my life!
Periodically, on the blog, I will post a more in depth post regarding schools I would like to work at (or that I would suggest my friends work at). I keep a spreadsheet of my first, second, and third choice schools…and I realize that a lot of other teachers don’t do this. So, to further flesh out my dream, and to help inform any teachers looking for a new school to work at, I will be posting pages about schools I would love to work at!
I would consider working at a lot of places (230 schools are in my spreadsheet that I mentioned), so it was really hard to make my Top 10! I look mostly at things like the school’s reputation/quality, salsa dancing potential (only once a week in Islamabad!), quality of life in the city, and benefits offered.
My Top 10 Dream Schools (not necessarily in order):
1. American School of Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain)- my review
2. Lincoln School (Buenos Aires, Argentina)- my review
3. American Overseas School of Rome (Rome, Italy)- my review
4. International School of Kuala Lumpur (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)- my review
5. International School Bangkok (Bangkok, Thailand)- my review
6. Shanghai American School (Shanghai, China)- my review
7. The Columbus School (Medellin, Colombia)- my review
8. International School of Islamabad (Islamabad, Pakistan)- my review
9. American International School of Johannesburg (Johannesburg, South Africa)- my review
10. Green School Bali (Bali, Indonesia)- other alternative schools