This weekend I will be celebrating my 31st birthday. Shhh! My third graders are convinced that I am only 24.
It is my goal to celebrate my birthday with a nice meal with friends and AS MUCH SALSA DANCING AS POSSIBLE.
I thought I could also take a page from fellow blogger Jennifer Kesler‘s book, and post about 31 things I am thankful for at this point in my life (in no particular order):
- My mom who always works so hard and still manages to help make my life easier.
- My friends who check in with me and don’t let me become a book reading hermit.
- Christi, my friend and grade level teaching partner who is so much fun to plan with.
- My salsa academy (both Ashe and Performance) for introducing me to many locals and hosting fun events.
- The gorgeous beaches of Venezuela for being a place of peace in this crazy country.
- My current students who are so sweet and helpful.
- Facebook for helping me to keep in touch with friends all over the world.
- The Saturday Farmer’s Market by my apartment where I can find tons of great stuff.
- My school/work with the most amazing supply budget I’ve ever had, great co-workers, teacher associates in every elementary classroom, and a lovely lush campus.
- My crockpot for always having dinner ready when I get home from work.
- Flor, the lady who helps me keep my apartment clean once a week.
- The gym because even though I don’t go there enough it helps keep me healthy.
- Warm weather because who doesn’t like being able to go to the beach in December?
- Dark chocolate because I can still have something sweet and tell myself that it is good for me.
- Coffee because the smell helps me wake up, the taste makes my body happy, and the ritual of making a fresh pot and reading my way through a cup is the best way to start the day.
- My Kindle (and Kindle Unlimited so I can find great books for cheap) because I can fit hundreds of books on it and it is so lightweight I can take it everywhere with me and read it at any time of the day.
- My iPad, even though I use it less now that I have a Kindle, it is still great to read magazines on, and was a fantastic backup when my Macbook Pro died.
- My health because without it I wouldn’t be able to have great adventures.
- Adventure because without it my life would be boring.
- Money in the bank and being able to budget/save so I can achieve my goals.
- My two Master’s degrees and teaching license which have helped me teach my way around the world.
- Beautiful music that brings a joyful release (fast top three favorites: John Mayer’s “Gravity”, Adele’s “Someone Like You”, Sam Smith’s “Not the Only One”).
- Vacations because planning my next trip always makes me happy (and this is pretty common).
- A nice glass of wine at the end of the day to go with dinner (I’ll always have a soft spot for Oregon Pinot Noir).
- Long weekends– we should really have at least one every month!
- Zumba/bailoterapia– I love being able to dance and sweat off calories at the same time.
- A good massage because they are fantastic stress release (thankfully they are pretty cheap here… not sure why I’ve only had one this school year)!?
- Getting stuff via snail mail (packages from home, stuff from Amazon Prime, eBay, ThredUp).
- My favorite movie that I can watch again and again, Dirty Dancing and probably inspired my love of dance.
- Camping, hiking, walking, and being surrounded by nature.
- Teaching Wanderlust blog where I can share my ideas with the world.
Thanks for reading! I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but I will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!